Homework: Conversion Tracking
Setting up a Destination Goal in Google Analytics
Destination goals are an easy way to track conversions in Google Analytics. You don’t need a developer or coding knowledge to implement these and start monitoring conversions on your website.
What You’ll Need
- Google Analytics set up and running on your website
- Full admin permissions on your account
- A form that leads to a unique thank you page URL
- Log in to your Google Analytics account.
- Click the Admin wheel at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
- In the far right View menu, click on Goals. Next, click the red button that says New Goal.
- In the goal menu, select Custom and click Continue.
- Give your goal a name (example: Contact Form Submissions), then select Destination and click Continue.
- Under the Details menu, leave the parameter set to Equals To and enter your thank you URL. NOTE: You must use the exact URL that visitors land on after submitting your form, and you only need to use the portion following the / (example: /thank-you not www.mywebsite.com/thank-you). Leave the Value and Funnel options off and click Save.
- That's it! You've officially set up a destination goal in Google Analytics. Once tracking is in place, you can access your data in the Conversions menu.