A Remix of Papercut Blog Classics
This week, we combed through our collection to retrieve posts that have stood the test of time. Skim the list below to find gems that will help in your digital marketing efforts.
We did the digging for you and broke the list up by topic: advertising, analytics, design, content, planning, search engine optimization, and technical. (We also alphabetized, but that’s just because we’re nerds.)
- Call Tracking: Should I Use It?: Do you use call tracking for your business? Find out what it is and how you can use it to maximize your conversions.
- Staying Positive with Negative Keywords: What are negative keywords and how can you use them to more effectively manage your Adwords campaigns? Read our tips to find out!
- Are You Using Goals in Google Analytics?: Goal reporting in Google Analytics can help you understand if your site is an effective marketing tool. Find out how!
- Event Tracking in Google Analytics: Are you using event tracking in Google Analytics? Find out what it is and how you can get extra info about your site!
- Google Analytics Demographic Reports: Demographics reports provide more info about your site in Google Analytics. Find out how to set up and use these reports.
- My Favorite Google Analytics Feature: Real-Time Reports: Did you know that Google Analytics shows you what’s happening on your site as it happens? Learn about the real-time reports and how to use them.
- Better Thank You Pages for Better Engagement: Cleverly designed thank you pages can boost engagement and conversions on your site. Get our tips for better thank you pages!
- The Content Slider: A Design Intervention: Content sliders are one of the most popular web design elements around, but they might not actually be effective. Find out why.
- The How and Why of Using Fonts on the Web: Have you ever wondered how fonts are used on the web? The process of selecting fonts for your website is a little more complicated than you might expect.
- Does Your Site Have a Custom 404 Page?: Find out why you need one and what you should put on it in this blog post.
- Finding New Value in Old Content: Content is crucial to a website’s SEO, but does everything have to be brand new? Find out how to get new value from old content.
- Homepage Content: Tell a Better Story: A sleek homepage doesn’t mean you need to sacrifice content. Check out our tips for better homepage content.
- How to Make the Best Use of Multimedia on Your Site: Strategic use of photos and videos can help you better communicate your message, create an engaging experience, and reach your goals. Find out how!
- How to Shoot Professional Videos on an iPhone: Is it possible to shoot professional videos on an iPhone? Yes, it is. We shares some tips and tricks to help you create high-quality videos for your business.
- Magical Mystery Tour: A Beatles Guide to Content Creation: Content really is king, but producing it can be intimidating. For some helpful tips on content creation, check out our Beatles-themed guide.
- Seven Ways to Get Back in the Content Groove: Coming up with new content ideas is tough. If you’re stuck in a rut, try these seven tips to find content inspiration for your latest blog post.
- To Blog or Not to Blog: Are you considering adding a blog to your website to boost your content marketing efforts? Before you start, find out if it’s the right form of content for you.
- Using Editorial Calendars for Social Media: Are you using an editorial calendar for your social media campaigns? We’ve got a few tips on how a calendar can help you meet your content goals.
- Writing Copy for the Web Reader: We don’t read web content the same way we read print. Learn to craft copy to keep readers engaged.
- 5 Website Design Tips for Small Businesses: A new website is a big investment, especially for small businesses. Check out our 5 website design tips to ensure that your project runs smoothly.
- ADA & Your Website: Why You Should Pay Attention: Your website may need to be ADA compliant starting next year. Are you ready? Download our handy checklist to be sure.
- Choosing the Best Social Network for Your Business: Choosing the right social media networks for your business can be overwhelming. We’re here with a few tips to make it easier.
- Is Your Website Leaving Money on the Table? 3 Ways to Know: If your company website is running on autopilot, you could be losing business. Find out 3 ways your site could be losing money.
- Why SEO Belongs in the Redesign Process: You’re getting ready to redesign your website. SEO should be involved throughout the process, and here are a few reasons why.
Search Engine Optimization
- A Few SEO Tips for Page Titles: Effective page titles can boost your on-page optimization. Find out how to improve your site’s title tags with these SEO tips.
- Are Meta Descriptions Still Important?: Meta descriptions matter, but they’re overlooked. This post explains why you should care about the meta descriptions on your website.
- Don’t Forget Your Alt Text: SEO for Images: Did you know that you can optimize images on your website for SEO? This post has a few tips to help you get started with SEO for images.
- Five Quick Ways to Improve Your Site’s SEO: Want to improve your site’s SEO but don’t have a lot of time? We’ve got five quick things you can do to boost your traffic.
- Five Ways Your Site is Hurting Your SEO: You might not realize it, but your site could be hurting your SEO. Learn more about five common issues to avoid.
- How to Build Links the Right Way: Link building is a labor of love that pays off. Learn how to earn the right links and stand strong in search ranks.
- Taking Keyword Research to the Next Level: Keyword research has moved beyond looking at search volume and competition. Get our tips to take your research to the next level
- The ABCs of SEO – Terms You Should Know: SEO has its own set of vocabulary terms and jargon. Get up to speed with our handy A to Z list.
- The Basics of On-Page Optimization: Ever wondered how you can make your website search engine friendly? We have some on-page optimization tips that you can use!
- The Best SEO Tools for Beginners: Are you interested in learning more about SEO? We’ve compiled a list of some of the best SEO tools and resources for beginners to help you get started.
- Using Location Pages for SEO: Location pages can be powerful tools to help boost your site’s visibility. Find out what it takes to build an effective local page for your business.
- What is SEO: Have you ever wondered exactly what SEO is? Learn more about what it means and what it takes to do it the right way
- What’s the Deal with Keyword Rankings: Should you be using keyword rankings to measure the effectiveness of your SEO and your website? Learn why you might want to measure something else.
- Where Do I Begin with an SEO Audit: An SEO audit can be taxing, if you don’t know where to begin. We’ll help you take the first steps!
- Why Outbound Links Matter for SEO: You know about the importance of inbound links to your site, but do you know how outbound links can benefit your SEO?
- 301 Redirects: Why They Matter: Do you know what 301 redirects are or why they matter? Find out how they can help you when you’re redesigning your website!
- Considerations for a Domain Migration: Are you thinking of changing your URL? A domain migration requires careful planning. Check out our tips for a successful switch.
- Do I Need a CDN?: Slow load times can cause visitors to bounce from your website and push you down the Google search page. Learn the ins and outs of a content delivery network and if it’s the right solution to help you speed up your site.
- Do You Need an SSL?: Wondering whether a secure certificate is a necessary addition to your site? Read on as we weigh the pros and cons to help you decide!
- Easy Ways to Improve Site Speed: Website performance and site speed are becoming increasingly important. Our developers share some easy ways that you can improve your website’s speed.
- Four Ways to Improve Your Page Speed with a Site Audit: Site speed is an important ranking factor. Find out four simple ways to improve your page speed and usability with a website audit.
- How to Measure Your Site’s Security: Is your website secure? Follow this checklist to ensure your data is safe and your users are protected.
- So You Website Needs to be Multilingual?: If multinational business is important to your bottom line, you should consider delivering web content in multiple languages.
- The Web Developer’s Dictionary: Web lingo can be confusing if you don’t work with websites every day. To make things easier, we’ve compiled definitions for some common development terms.
- What’s in a (Domain) Name?: Here’s a rundown of things to consider when you’re ready to purchase the URL for your business.
- Your Website Needs a Home: Let us act as your digital realtor to help you find your dream website host.